Startup program entry details:
Norton Save and Restore 2.0 (VProTray.exe)
This page expands upon the information already available for this entry in
the Pacman's Portal Windows start-up programs
||User's choice - depends whether a user deems it necessary
For further information on how to identify and disable startup programs please visit the Introduction page.
System Tray access to and notifications for Symantec's Norton Save and Restore 2.0 backup software (either as a standalone product or as part of Norton SystemWorks 2009 Premier) - which is a renamed version of Norton Ghost
Registry (Start → Run → regedit)
- Key(s): HKLM\Run
- Name: Norton Save and Restore 2.0
- Data: "C:\Program Files\Norton Save and Restore\Agent\VProTray.exe"
MSConfig (Start → Run → msconfig → Startup)
- Startup Item (XP): VProTray
- Startup Item (Vista/7): Norton Save & Restore
- Command: "C:\Program Files\Norton Save and Restore\Agent\VProTray.exe"
Windows Defender (Start → All Programs → Windows Defender → Tools → Software Explorer)
- Name: Norton Save & Restore
- Startup Value: "C:\Program Files\Norton Save and
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Norton Save and Restore 2.0] "C:\Program Files\Norton Save
- File location: %ProgramFiles%\Norton Save and
- File properties "Description": Tray Application
- Purpose: Backup utility
- Program disable option: Start → All Programs →
Norton Save and Restore → Norton Save and Restore → Options → Tray Icon → deselect "Show system tray icon"
- Shortcut(s) available: None
- Vendor/Publisher: Symantec Corporation
- Product(s): Norton Save and Restore 2.0, Norton SystemWorks
- Tested: Yes
- %ProgramFiles% - refers to the Program Files folder; typically the path is C:\Program Files
- HKLM refers to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Copyright © Pacman's Portal, 2001 - 2017
Powered by Malwarebytes
All rights reserved