Startup program entry details:
This page expands upon the information already available for this entry in the Pacman's Portal Windows start-up programs database.
||User's choice - depends whether a user deems it necessary
For further information on how to identify and disable startup programs please visit the Introduction page.
Installed with both stand-alone security tools and suites from CA. Provides System Tray access to the Control Center - which indicates the current tool status and can be used to launch scans, updates or access product information. The icon changes appearance if a warning or issue is detected
Registry (Start → Run → regedit)
- Key(s): HKLM\Run
- Name: cctray
- Data: "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\casc.exe"
MSConfig (Start → Run → msconfig → Startup)
- Startup Item (XP): casc
- Startup Item (Vista/7): CA Security Suite
- Command: "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\casc.exe"
Windows Defender (Start → All Programs → Windows Defender → Tools → Software Explorer)
- Name: CA Security Suite
- Startup Value: "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\casc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cctray] "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\casc.exe"
- File location: %ProgramFiles%\CA\CA Internet Security Suite
- File properties "Description": CA Security Center
- Purpose: Anti-malware
- Program disable option: None
- Shortcut(s) available: Start Menu
- Vendor/Publisher: CA Technologies
- Product(s): CA Anti-Spam, CA Anti-Spyware, CA Personal Firewall, CA Anti-Virus Plus, CA Internet Security Suite Plus
- Tested: Yes
- %ProgramFiles% - refers to the Program Files folder; typically the path is C:\Program Files
- HKLM refers to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Copyright © Pacman's Portal, 2001 - 2013
Powered by Malwarebytes
All rights reserved