Startup program entry details:
This page expands upon the information already available for this entry in the Pacman's Portal Windows start-up programs database.
||Normally leave to run at start-up - typically required for the program to function properly or for security/safety reasons
For further information on how to identify and disable startup programs please visit the
System Tray access to and Background Guard feature of Emsisoft Anti-Dialer from Emsi Software GmbH - which "provides a complete defense against Dialers"
Registry (Start → Run → regedit)
- Key(s): HKLM\Run
- Name: a-squared
- Data: "C:\Program Files\a-squared Anti-Dialer\a2adguard.exe"
MSConfig (Start → Run → msconfig → Startup)
- Startup Item (XP): a2adguard
- Startup Item (Vista/7): a-squared Anti-Dialer
- Command: "C:\Program Files\a-squared Anti-Dialer\a2adguard.exe"
Windows Defender (Start → All Programs → Windows Defender → Tools → Software Explorer)
- Name: a-squared Anti-Dialer
- Startup Value: "C:\Program Files\a-squared Anti-Dialer\a2adguard.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [a-squared] "C:\Program Files\a-squared Anti-Dialer\a2adguard.exe"
- File location: %ProgramFiles%\a-squared Anti-Dialer
- File properties "Description": a-squared Anti-Dialer Guard
- Purpose: Anti-dialer
- Program disable option: None
- Shortcut(s) available: Start Menu, Desktop & Quick Launch (both optional)
- Vendor/Publisher: Emsi Software GmbH
- Product(s): Emsisoft Anti-Dialer
- Tested: Yes
- %ProgramFiles% - refers to the Program Files folder; typically the path is C:\Program Files
- HKLM refers to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Copyright © Pacman's Portal, 2001 - 2017
Powered by Malwarebytes
All rights reserved