Startup program entry details:
This page expands upon the information already available for this entry in the Pacman's Portal Windows start-up programs database.
||Normally leave to run at start-up - typically required for the program to function properly or for security/safety reasons
For further information on how to identify and disable startup programs please visit the
Part of older versions of Symantec's security products including Norton 360, Norton Internet Security, Norton AntiVirus and the now discontinued Norton SystemWorks suite. Effectively the "master" process which calls the different program features and makes sure they are running. Auto-protect and E-mail check will not function without this
Registry (Start → Run → regedit)
- Key(s): HKLM\Run
- Name: ccApp
- Data: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
MSConfig (Start → Run → msconfig → Startup)
- Startup Item (XP): ccApp
- Startup Item (Vista/7): Symantec Security Technologies
- Command: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
Windows Defender (Start → All Programs → Windows Defender → Tools → Software Explorer)
- Common Client
- Client and Host Security Platform
- Symantec Security Technologies
- Startup Value: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
- File location: %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Symantec Shared
- File properties "Description":
- Common Client CC App
- Common Client User Session
- Symantec User Session
- Purpose: Security
- Program disable option: None
- Shortcut(s) available: None
- Vendor/Publisher: Symantec Corporation
- Product(s): Norton AntiVirus, Norton Internet Security,
Norton SystemWorks, Norton 360, Norton AntiSpam, Norton Personal Firewall
- Tested: Yes
- %ProgramFiles% - refers to the Program Files folder; typically the path is C:\Program Files
- HKLM refers to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Copyright © Pacman's Portal, 2001 - 2017
Powered by Malwarebytes
All rights reserved